As you journey through Food & Body Freedom Queen you are building a new relationship with food, your body, AND yourself. There will be lots of action steps, tools and mindset shifts to implement along the way but from this moment on, I would like you to commit to one thing that you do every single day without fail.
Committing to a 90-day practice is a powerful way to build habit and trust with you and your food.
Why 90 days?
This is an ample amount of time to break old habits and develop a trust connection with your subconscious mind that you are capable of creating change and expanding your life.
What does this look like?
- Choose 1 simple habit / ritual that you will do daily for 90 days (for only a minute or so – keep it SIMPLE!)
- Schedule it into your calendar
- Practice the habit / ritual for 90 days to build trust, empower your relationship with food and your body and prove to yourself that you are capable of changing your life
What are some examples?
- The 1-minute body blessing (I have recorded an audio of this below if you prefer to listen whilst you’re doing the practice.)
- Mirror work – meet your gaze and let yourself know you are worthy, loved and that it’s safe to be yourself
- Connecting to your body before you eat – check in with her – what do you really need? (sometimes that will be food, rest, play, compassion, to sit with boredom, self-care, etc).
- Writing down 3 self-worth mantras in your journal – eg: I love & accept myself exactly as I am right now. My body does not define me. I am me and that’s my superpower.
- Anything else you are inspired to do!
The 1 minute body blessing example:
- Go to the mirror, take a deep breath and place hands on heart.
“I now send peace, love and acceptance to you, my sacred body.
I am blessing you body, for all you have done and continue to do for me.
I am grateful. Thank you for keeping me alive every second of my life without me having to consciously do anything.
Thank you body for allowing me to eat and digest whatever food I choose to eat.
Thank you body for enabling me to feel pleasure and experience pain when you are telling me something is wrong.
Thank you body for gifting me the opportunity to love and to receive love.
Thank you body for allowing me to hug my loved ones, for being able to hold the hand of my mum, my partner, my children.
Thank you body for the miles we have walked together, the experiences we have shared, the tears of joy and sadness we have expressed.
Thank you body for always being there for me, even when I have tried to abandon you or harm you. Thank you for not giving up on me.
I am learning how to love you unconditionally. And even though I may find it hard, I accept you, body. I surrender. I let go. I accept. I am ready to be your friend. I love you.
I’m so grateful for you, body.
Even though I might not like all of you yet, I am grateful for what we have together.
I’m excited for when I fully accept you and fall in love with you, body. Because it’s going to happen, I can feel it. So be ready, we’ve been waiting for this our whole life.
I am worthy. I am enough. I am beautiful.
Thank you thank you thank you!! “
Body blessing (I say “1-minute”, it’s actually 2-minutes 😉) – stand in front of a mirror, listen and feel…